Thursday, October 25, 2018

Is it Harrassment???

According to google the definition of Harrassment is:
Aggressive pressure or intimidation


My children do this to me. They aggressively try to pressure me to do things for them I do not want to do: examples;

Child "Can I have chocolate milk?"

Me "No honey, you just had ice cream, that is too much sugar for your body."

Child "Can I have chocolate milk?"

Me "No honey, you can not."

Child "Can I have chocolate milk?"

Me "No."

Child "Can I have chocolate milk?"

Me "No."

Child opening refrigerator getting milk to make it anyway.

Me holding milk until child takes hand off "I said no."

Child attempts to hit me. Then throws self on ground screaming. Continues screaming and kicking for at least 15 minutes (probably closer to a minute or two but damn it feels like a looooooooong time).

Then other child says while first child is still throwing tan trum over no chocolate milk:

2nd Child "Where is the remote?"

Me "I do not know, you are in there and I am in the kitchen. You can find it better then me."

2nd Child begins whimpering. Meanwhile other child is banging feet on the fridge due to no chocolate milk.

Me cleaning kitchen.

Third child "Mom where is my long sleeve shirt."

Me "It is in the washer." (I would tell child to put it in the dryer but she is only two).

2nd child: "Mom, I need the remote!"

Me: "Look under couch, in cushions etc"

2nd child "I did it is nowhere!" Starting to cry

1st child banging feet on floor over and over chanting:  "Chocolate milk.   Chocolate milk.     Chocolate Milk."

3rd child "I need long sleeves, long sleeves." Getting upset now.

2nd child throws self on floor "I need the remote!!"



This is intimidation in numbers. 3 little ones loud and crying is quite aggressive, if you ask me. It feels like Harrassment, so it must be. There needs to be a hotline for this type of scenario: "Yes, my 2 year old is threatening physical harm to me if I do not get her her long sleeve shirt out of the wash and magically dry it in seconds."

Hotline person "Are you safe?"

Me " I'm hiding under the bed with a flashlight."

Hotline Person "Where is 2 year old?"

Me whispering "She's systematically opening each door looking for me and walking around each room. It's a matter of minutes befor I am discovered. I'm frightened, very frightened."

Hotline Person "Do you have any hard liquor or chocolate?"

Me "Yes, downstairs in the kitchen."

Hotline Person "Follow these directioms very carefully 1. Slide out from under bed and tip toe down to kitchen 2. Get liquor and chocolate 3. Swig as much liquor as you can 4. Eat all the chocolate

Me "It won't work, nothing works. They just fi.........................." Whispers "She's openimg the door , I think I've been discovered." Now loud "Noooooooo, I can not magically dry your shirt!!! Noooo, do not hurt me........" Then silence.....

Hotline person "Hello, are you there? Hello? Hello? Ohhhhh god no, get the police over there........"





No comments:

Post a Comment