Friday, December 29, 2017

Hypochondriac Kiddo's Illnesses

 I used to be a hypochondriac, now I am like that with the kids. Anything wrong with me, I think to myself: " I'll just power through it. No big deal." and I even almost forget that I am sick or there might actually be something wrong with me. 

When the kids are sick I start thinking they might have cancer or some deadly disease. I get really worried and stare at them thinking I can figure out what the disease is by the way they are breathing.

I am fully aware these thoughts are a little nuts. Lately instead of indulging on them and making myself cry. I am reminding myself that I am in charge of my own thoughts. I have actually been able to, almost stop those thoughts before they manifest into me having a panic attack over the kids having a runny nose for christs sake; what I was literally doing. Now I am taking (what I think is the healthier approach) pushing the thoughts out of my head. Paying attention to the kiddos (as I always did, but not in a freak out manner) and if something seems off, just go to the dr.

Seems so simple but goddamn as a hypochondriac, by the time we made it to the dr I was sure it was cancer or something dire. Now I'm actually able to walk into the Dr.'s office with my whole head on straight and not a crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment