Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Pepper Grinder

Today I was cleaning a house and while wiping the counter saw an electric salt a pepper grinder set. My first thought was what the crap is that?

Then needed to try it out and see if it did what I thought it did. I picked it up and pressed the button on top, it ground the pepper for you and dispensed it.

On sale, the thing costs about 40 bucks. I'm imagining going to the store, seeing it and thinking to myself, I hate grinding my own pepper, I need that. And buying it. I think the idea is so the right amount of pepper is dispensed each time, but then doesn't it just dump it in one spot? How can you even sprinkle it around that way? It seems like an annoying contraption. I can see myself letting it dispense in my hand so I can sprinkle it around to each bite. I would probably end up getting frustrated because it isn't sprinkling pepper properly and throw it across the room.

Another thing I like to ponder is the electric trash can that opens when you press the button. I saw one at wal-mart for around 40 bucks and another at Macys for 100 bucks. I'm guessing the idea is you don't have to press your foot on the pedal to open it or use your hand to open or push the lid.  How is pressing the button and waiting a half second to a second better than just opening it?? Then, of course, I would probably step on it wrong and break the damn thing.

Are these actually more convenient? If so maybe I will buy them for fun and dare myself to not break them.

No comments:

Post a Comment