Tuesday, November 28, 2017

VA-GIN-A

 Oh yes, this happened. I'm cooking and my little four-year-old boy is sitting at the table innocently coloring. Just so you can completely understand the humor in this: My little boy is a chubby/muscular little guy, with blond hair, green eyes, and a very expressive face. He is always making funny little poop and pee jokes or coming up with other little humorous tidbits. He is at the table coloring; which is very short-lived. He will color a few strokes or scribbles and tell his sister to finish his picture, and she will happily do it.

Luckily I am not facing him when he got really serious and let me know that while he was at daycare they went outside and it was really stinky. It smelled like VA-GIN-A.

That is what he said verbatim.

 Thank god I was turned away from him, I almost dropped the pot I was draining, due to the surprise and sudden laughter boiling up in my throat. Oh my god, where the hell did he hear that?? I know it wasn't from me. I know it wasn't his Dad, as his Dad feels funny just hearing the word vagina, much less saying it.

 I'm thinking holy crap, did he come up with this on his own?? He might have because whenever I change his baby sisters diaper he requests for me to not change her in the room he is playing in because of how stinky her poopy diapers are. He knows the correct words for genitalia so maybe he put it together and thought how her poopy diaper smells and she has a vagina in the diaper so, therefore, vaginas are stinky, like the outside was.

Finally, I get my shit together and ask him with a straight face where he heard that.

Of course. It was his little buddy at daycare.

Now I really want to see this kid's parents. Like what parents are walking around saying things smell gross like vaginas. Who are these people?? This is the kind of thing that is going to be really tough to teach my kids is NOT ok. Especially when their friends are saying it. It is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment