Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Stop Light Protocol

Everyone knows or should know, the little-unspoken rule: when you pull up to a red light you do NOT park directly parallel with the driver next to you, you pull a little ahead or stop a little before.

We all know there are people who do not know this rule. I was stuck next to one of these peeps.

First I am trying really hard not to look at them, as you know making eye-contact with a stranger is taboo and weird for everyone involved, especially if you are peering directly into their car. Then I'm thinking maybe I should look directly at this person who parked right freaking next to me. Don't they know, you are not supposed to do that??

 I inch my car a little forward to break the uncomfortable nonsense. Then she does the same thing, inches forward. Now I'm thinking this person is screwing with me! I quickly look over and they are just quietly nonchalantly looking straight ahead. I'm thinking wtf?! I swear the light goes on for like ten minutes or maybe an eternity.

Finally, it turns green right when I was about to start honking and flipping them off. No, not really, I would have just kept sitting there awkwardly, like I did. Ha!

 Bottom line, don't be weird when stopping at a red light.

No comments:

Post a Comment